Pete ‘the Job Guy’ Langlois introduces his listeners to Jacksonville’s most innovative companies, and he explores the career journey’s behind some of Jacksonville’s top influential individuals, all done with an honest and entertaining filter.
Keep scrolling down to check out the hot jobs of the week, to nominate a Certified Hard Work-ah or give a shout out to Boston Danny.
Behind The Mic
Pete the Job Guy
As the staffing industry’s leading authority, Pete’s mission is to provide answers for all workforce-related questions as well as give informative advice and educational insight on the latest employment trends in the industry to candidates and partners. He strives to create meaningful professional relationships to fill the gap between hard-working, qualified candidates and bold, venturous companies. Check out Pete Langlois on https://www.linkedin.com/in/petethejobguy/
Behind the scenes with Angie Langlois
Subscribe To Our Podcast
What do you have to lose? You could end up with a better job or tips to make your current job bearable. Sounds like a win-win to me.
Hottest Jobs of the Week!
The Chief Recruitment Officer will primarily focus on Attorney Recruiting initiatives, but will also be periodically responsible for recruiting other legal and administrative personnel. A relocation package will be considered for qualified candidates. This position is located in Jacksonville, FL.
Prestigious Jacksonville-based law firm is looking for a Chief Recruitment Officer. This is a newly created position to facilitate the anticipated growth of the firm.
- A minimum of four years of successful attorney recruiting experience.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
Exceptional judgment, flexibility and professionalism, and the ability to lead effectively while being a team player.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills in a fast-paced environment are required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize while maintaining high attention to detail and quality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and database experience is required.
- Strong technology skills and a familiarity with recruiting databases, CRM tools, and applicant tracking systems.
Manager-Technical Accounting and SOX Compliance:
Under the supervision of the Director of Technical Accounting, manages compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements through continuous interaction with accounting department management, internal audit management and external auditors. Also prepares technical memorandums documenting the Company’s accounting treatment for various issues in accordance with appropriate accounting literature.
• Knowledge of the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404, PCAOB Standards, COSO 2013, GAAP, SEC reporting requirements, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, and other applicable professional guidance
• Financial and business acumen
• Knowledge of external auditor requirements and reporting
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Effective managerial skills
• Organized and detail oriented
• Strong technical and analytical skills
• Proficient in use of various software including Excel, Word, Access, Visio Flowcharting, etc.
• Works effectively with Company management and with external parties
- Prepares annual risk assessment to determine in-scope processes, accounts and locations including consideration of COSO and PCAOB literature.Performs periodic review of materiality based on actual and forecasted financial results to evaluate impact on risk assessment location and account scoping; communicates scoping changes to subsidiary controllers, as appropriate.
- Assesses control environment of acquired companies and newly formed business units and ensures sufficient documentation of processes and controls in initial year of SOX compliance.
- Expands effectiveness and efficiency of overall control environment by rationalizing key controls through continued identification, documentation and implementation of entity and segment level controls to address key risk areas.
Provides operational input on risk management and regulatory issues
- Acts as a liaison between internal audit, management and external audit during internal audit’s performance of annual walkthroughs and control testing of significant processes and sub-processes for external audit reliance. Assesses impacts of changes on overall control assessment based on the results of such walkthroughs and control testing.
Identifies opportunities to develop, implement and standardize key application controls across operating locations.
- Maintains company-wide key control matrix ensuring all applicable assertions are addressed for material account balances through defined entity level and application level key controls.
- Manages certain direct entity-level monitoring controls on a monthly and/or quarterly basis.
- Evaluates accounting system functionality and makes recommendations to further automate accounting processes and controls when practical.
- In conjunction with internal audit, reviews the control environment when changes to accounting systems occur.
- Liaises with internal audit to aggregate and evaluate identified control deficiencies. Responds to deficiencies by coordinating with management and process owner and makes joint decisions on how error correction/corrective actions should occur. Coordinates and reviews the remediation testing for SOX compliance.
- Coordinates with internal and external auditors to encourage leveraging of internal compliance activities.
- Manages the quarter-end and year-end 404 certification activities including detailed review of documentation supporting segment and location level certifications.
- Remains current on pronouncements and updates management on new developments and changes in technical guidance related to SOX compliance
- Researches accounting literature from various sources (i.e. FASB, SEC, PCAOB, etc.) and prepares technical memorandums documenting the Company’s accounting treatment for specific issues in accordance with the appropriate guidance.
- Assists the Director of Technical Accounting with audit documentation, as needed.
Ask Boston Danny for a Shout-Out on the Air
Do you want Boston Danny to use his magnificent accent to wish your loved-one a happy birthday, or happy anniversary, or whatever occasion? Shoot us an e-mail and we will be sure to send your request to Boston Danny!